Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Thanksgiving; The forgotten holiday

Thanksgiving is the forgotten holiday.  After Halloween, things seem to jump right to the winter Holidays with out even a look back.  I find the Holidays come earlier every year, I mean the shelves are stocked with stocking stuffers, Christmas candy, and presents before Halloween is even over.


The Praying Paisley Thankful Wall Hanging

It seems there is no reason to celebrate Thanksgiving if you can't give everyone in your family the most expensive gifts for Christmas.  If you watch the news, there is no reason to be thankful, it is all negative gloom and doom.  But I am thankful.  For all kinds of things, I am thankful. Thankful for the ability to write here, and the roof over my head, the sun, the moon, the seasons, the snow, heck, I'm thankful for indoor plumbing.  Thankful for the beautiful mountian town I live in.  I am grateful for my husband, and my children and my dogs that bark too much.  There is so many things to be thankful for and a lot of them we take for granted. 


That is why Thanksgiving is such an important holiday because it is not about the stuff you get, it is about appreciating the stuff you have.



Im So Crafty Thankful for You

Satin and Birch Cornicopia Soap      Solstic Scents Candied Yam Soap

Laurie's Tutu Boutique Little Turkey Tutu
Isn't that just the sweetest thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment